Are you wondering “Does a garden office add value to your home?” If so, you’re not alone. This is one of the most common questions we get asked here at High & Dry. With many people keen to know if adding this type of structure to their property will turn out to be a good investment. You may be happy to hear that yes, it’s likely that installing a garden office can boost your home’s value. Potentially significantly. Read on to find out more.
Why does a garden office add value?
There are several reasons why the answer to the question “Does a garden office add value to your home?” is such a resounding ‘yes’. These include:
- Increasing the usable space. Adding a garden office to your property expands the usable space, providing a dedicated area for work, hobbies or even simply relaxing. This extra space in your home can enhance its appeal considerably.
- Ideal for remote workers. With remote working becoming more and more common, an increasing number of homebuyers are seeking properties with separate workspaces away from the main living area. Garden offices provide a quiet, productive space for homeworkers to carry out their duties.
- Versatility. Although known as a garden office, these structures can be used for multiple other purposes, ranging from gyms and studios to games rooms. They can even be used as guest bedrooms in some cases. The fact that garden offices cater to various lifestyle needs and preferences makes them incredibly popular with homebuyers.
How much value can a garden office add to my home?
Now you know that the answer to “Does a garden office add value to your home?” is yes, you may be wondering by exactly how much. Estimates suggest that a well-designed and professionally installed garden office can add between 5% and 15% to a property’s overall value, which we’re sure you’ll agree is considerable. However, the truth is that it can be difficult to give a precise amount, mainly because it can vary significantly based on several factors, including:
- Quality and design. A garden office that’s been expertly designed and installed is likely to add more value to a property than a structure that’s not very aesthetically pleasing or has been poorly constructed. When planning a garden office, it’s a good idea to enlist the services of a reputable company that has expertise in garden office installations.
- Size and functionality. Consider the size of your garden office and what it can be used for. These factors play a key part in determining how much value the structure will add to your property. If your office is spacious, insulated, and well-equipped to serve multiple purposes, it’s likely to add more value compared to a smaller or less versatile structure.
- Local market and demand. How much value a garden office will add to your home depends on the local market and the demand for such structures. In areas where remote work is common, properties with home offices are likely to be highly sought-after, which means you can expect your property to be worth more.
Considerations to keep in mind
A garden office can be a fantastic investment, especially if it’s designed and installed to a high standard. However, there are some considerations to keep in mind. One of these is planning permission. Whilst it usually isn’t necessary for a garden office, there are some exceptions. Another thing to think about is the maintenance and upkeep of your garden office. A poorly maintained or neglected garden office could have the opposite effect by negatively impacting your property’s value. With this in mind, it’s important to carry out regular cleaning and repairs to ensure it remains in good shape over time.
Why choose us for an outdoor office in Grimsby?
If you’re looking for a company to build you an outdoor office in Grimsby, look no further than High & Dry. We’ve designed and installed hundreds of these popular structures, especially in the years since Covid-19 when more and more people began working from home. Our outdoor offices make remote working a breeze, providing a comfortable and private space that promotes productivity.
Naturally, there are many uses for these structures besides working, ranging from crafts and gaming to exercise and relaxation. Our experienced team can equip your office with everything you need, including electricity, plumbing and even fitted furniture. We’ll work with you to ensure the space meets your needs and tastes perfectly. Check out our recent projects and testimonials online to find out what to expect when you use our services.
Alternatives to garden offices
If you’re looking to add a dedicated space to your home for working or hobbies, a garden office can be the ideal solution. However, it’s not the only one. At High & Dry, we also regularly carry out home office garage conversions. Garages are often underused yet very spacious structures, making them well-suited for use as an office. They’re also easily integrated with utilities like electricity and heating systems, usually only requiring minimal modifications.
An under-stair office is another good option since it will blend seamlessly into the existing layout of the house, requiring minimal structural work and integrating well with the overall design of the house. If you’re not sure what kind of office conversion to opt for, talk to our team who will be happy to advise you.
To hire us to provide an outdoor office in Grimsby or the surrounding area, get in touch. You can do this by calling 01472 565 074 or by sending us a message via our website. We’re on hand to tell you more about our garden offices and provide you with a competitive quote.